21 July 2005

Ottawa

I finally visited America :) Look's like it's a cool place but anyway it's a lot different from Europe. Especially the wet climate makes me feel that the weather in Ukraine is not so bad ;)

I had two talks - one at the DesktopCon and one at LinuxSymposium today. Looks like the one at DesktopCon took more attention. At LinuxSymposium I had two hours for the tutorial. At the first hour I was talking about KDevelop Platform mostly and I had some people interested in the platform stuff we have. Looks like we have to promote it more and try to get more applications written for the platform just to make a really good showcase. The second hour was scheduled after the lunch break and I spent it mostly discussing technical issues with the Eclipse guy (who was KDE developer some time ago btw :)). Other people were not interested in the talk.

Commenting Mathieu's blog, I have to disagree on some things with him. The organization of the conference is ok. I had my two tutorials accepted and we could have more KDE talks accepted if we sent our proposals. But I also have to agree with Mathieu that people who attend this conference are not really interested in KDE technologies. I don't know why - that's probably beyond my understanding. Anyway, there were some cool talks about Eclipse, Kernel (today) and even some X-related talks were ok ;) (we had lots, lots of X talks).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, sorry about the Alabama-like weather we had here in Ottawa this past week. We often have humidity in the summer but not usually this bad for this long. I hope you spent some time touring around the rest of the city while you were here.

Anonymous said...

I didn't talk against the organization but against the people attending ... and the commenting in the room. that's all