09 March 2006

ADSL

Gee, at last I got a permanent internet connection. Looks like the progress has finally made its way to my home :) It's an <2Mbit ADSL connection with 1.5Gb of prepaid traffic for 183 UAH (~30 euro) per month. Quite expensive but at least I won't be counting minutes of damn slow dialup ;)

What's more interesting, is that a device which I am connected through is a DLink 500T ADSL router with MontaVista Linux operating system inside. It's just amazing how can a full-blown Linux system with apache, firewall, etc. live and work fast on a small flash drive :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, it's amazing :) but most probably they don't use apache there but thttpd; apache would be too big. I have DSL624T (not 100% sure) with a russian 2.x firmware (from russian d-link site, not from a hacker) that has even built-in ssh. so I can confirm it uses thttpd.

Alexander Dymo said...

Ok, I don't know if they really have apache. I was just judging from the list of software at the montavista website.
PS: having ssh would be cool :)

Anonymous said...

My Belkin 7633 has ssh.